Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Random Bits and Pieces....:)

ONE YEAR AGO...

Guess what I realized this week?!?! One year ago this week my husband left for the Academy! Can you guys believe it has been a year already!??!?! So much has happened this year that in some ways it feels like a lifetime ago, yet I still remember it like it was yesterday. At any rate, I am so thankful to be on this end! What a faithful God we serve who has carried us through the past year and heaped blessing after blessing upon us. He is so good and so faithful, our solid rock in everything.

MY MINI-ME....

Last night I was doing my Pilates video and Maddie decided to get in on the action. ;) She was so cute wanting to do it just right.

Evidently it was a funny site, becaues Kensi just sat and laughed.

ON THE KENSI FRONT...

So many new things so quickly! She is right on the edge of crawling. Its so fun and sad all at the same time.


I am still desperately trying to get this girl to eat some food other than mommy milk. Evidently my milk must be pretty good because she continues to boycott baby food. We are going on 2 months now of trying to feed her and she still gags and spits it out and shuts her lips tight. We have had a couple break thrus along the way, but they seem to have been a one time event. Here is some pics from last night trying yet again. By the look of her face in the below pics you would think it was peas rather than creamy mashed potatoes!

"Ok, lets give this another shot."

"Yuck. No thank you. Why does this woman insist on making me eat food?"

"NOOOOO, not again...."

"Dear Lord, please make this food go away. Please!"


Ah, Kensi dear, its really not that bad. Does anybody have any suggestions on how to get this girl interested in food?? All advice welcomed! ;)

IN OTHER RANDOM NEWS...

I rearranged my living room and got some new pieces of furniture. And the biggest news of all is I actually like it. I have been known to rearrange and then feel sad because I miss the way it used to be and move it all back. Let me tell you, Aaron just loves moving it all only for me to say, " um, I think i like it the other way." But luckily this time that didn't happen! Here are some pics of the the rearranged room. What do you think? This way better or the old way?





And here is an awesome bookshelf we found at Costco for an amazing price. It has interior lighting and all! I LOVE IT!


KID BARGAIN ALERT...
Just wanted to let you know of a great bargain I came across last week. Barnes & Noble has a 75% off game table right now and we bought the game Conga by Cranium for just $3.75!!!! We have already played it 3 times with the kids and its a game that is fun for parents and kids...great family game! So for those of you that live here you should definitely make a trip to Barnes & Noble! The box says 8yrs and older, but Maddie played with us and she semi got it. :) But she just loves playing games anyway so it she was just happy to have a new one.



ANY IDEAS?!?!?!

We are trying to figure out where to go on vacation this summer. We are already going to the beach for a few weekends so we thought maybe doing something a little different. Sooooo, if you know of any great "family vacation spots" or something you and your family have done that was great, let me know! I would say anywhere from Pennsylvania down to North Carolina is where we are looking. All ideas welcome!
AND THIS ONE IS JUST FOR CHERYL AND CHRISTIN....

Thats right , our itty bitty roomie is still with us in our room. I'd say we have another good month and a half. :)
O

7 comments:

Cheryl said...

Oh my goodness!!! Thanks for the laugh! That poor little girl... i think her arms have to go thru the slats to fit in there :)
I LOVE your Living Room the way it is NOW! seems much larger than before...

Davene said...

Love the pics that show the bald spot on the back of Kensi's head where she's rubbed her hair off. :) She's such a cutie!

That bookshelf is gorgeous!!! Wish I had a dozen of them for our "library" here at home!

Anonymous said...

Yes, love the new and improved room. Maybe I should get Tennyson to come over and teach Kensi how to eat! Also can't believe she's still sleeping in your room!

Lisa said...

Love the new living room! But I can't help notice that you don't have a thousand toys strewn about. How is that? My living room looks like a toy store 24/7!

Christin said...

Eh. I'd say you have another 3 months. IF you're just going for when she outgrows it. Though I'm telling you, she may crawl out before she gets "too big" for it. *grin*

then again, how sweet would that be to wake up with her cuddling with you? *tease*

Love the living room. I agree, it looks bigger.

Ever thought about the Baltimore Aquarium? And the surrounding other things near there?

About the blog said...

We are thinking of going to one of the state parks this summer. I have heard Douthat State Park is great. Henry is still sleeping WITH us. I actually love it though!

Jolanthe said...

I'll second Christin on Baltimore (we're hoping to head that way too this spring/summer). And if you have a reciprocal membership from our children's museum, you can get into the one in Baltimore for FREE (lovely word, isn't that?).

I didn't check your blog last week so today I'm heading to B&N to see if I can find that game. Love games. have to check that out. :)

jo