Thursday, December 11, 2008

Maddie's Thanksgiving Play

On the day before Thanksgiving, Maddie's class (as in the whole 1st grade class) put on a Thanksgiving play and invited all the parents. It was so, so precious to say the least. I felt like one of those super proud mom's sitting out there in the audience snapping insane amounts of pics of my girl in her Pilgrim get-up and trying to catch her eye every 10 seconds.Haha :) She was so, so cute. I suppose I am a bit biased, but she seriously was just adorable. I was so proud of her. I even had tears in my eyes...hahaha. Its so funny the random moments in life where my heart just gets so full because I just love her so much.

Here are a few pics. Maddie was a Pilgrim woman and when the narrator said "...and the Pilgrim women" they put their hands on either side of their face and said, "Mercy me". hahahahaha...it still makes me laugh. Adorable.



After the play, we went back to her classroom to make a Thanksgiving craft. And I just want to add that Maddie's teacher is wonderful. Fantastic. Creative. Such a great "in-tuned" teacher and so much fun. I know sometimes teachers in public schools can be talked down about, so I just want to say there are DEFINITELY awesome teachers out there.And honestly, we have experienced quite a few of them between Kobe and Maddie. And my Maddie girl happens to have one of them this year! She is even coming to Maddie's play at church on Sunday....what a teacher!

The Pilgrim woman herself. I think Maddie looks stunning in the pilgrim attire.:) I think we should add it to her every day wardrobe.

Maddie's 1st grade classroom....


The cute, sugar-filled treat we made. So nice of Mrs.Swartley to get them all sugared up and then send them home. Nice.

Maddie's Desk...

Maddie and her buddy Trinity in line to wash their hands. So cute!

Maddie and Mrs. Swartley talking....

It was such a fun day to spend with my girl. It was so sweet, because she was so excited I came and stayed and kept taking me around to all her friends to tell them I was her mommy. I loved it! I love going to the kids classrooms and being a part of their day there.

And for memory's sake, I just had to ad this picture. I was SHOCKED to see that my super neat girl, who keeps her room spic and span all the time had a desk that looked like this...........

Say what?!?!?! :) My clean-freak, OCD ways wanted to take over and give it a good cleaning, but I am proud to say I held back. I asked her how in the world it looked like that, and she just looked at me and grinned. Ha! She is so funny.

Maddie, I had such a fun day with you and will always remember it. You are my precious, sunshine girl and I am so proud of you!



3 comments:

Dana said...

I'm so glad you got to spend precious time with Maddie. We are having some winter plays on Tuesday that we've invited the parents to see. The children are so excited. It means so much to the children when their parents visit. You're a good mama! :)

Davene said...

How fun! I love the Pilgrim costume. :)

Btw, I left a long comment back at you on my blog (about the Blurb book). Just wanted you to know so you could check it again to see the info there. If you have other questions, definitely let me know, OK? You can even come over and look at my book in person. ;)

You should definitely make a blog book...that's my humble opinion anyway! :)

Tracey said...

December 11th??? Thanksgiving pics and post. I am awaiting Christmas pics, stories of the holiday break!! An update! Anything considering that I the dial up fried have already posted 3 yes count them and read them sister 3 posts since your last one. I sure hope this is not a sign of what is to come in 2009 - your fans will be disappointed. HEEEE HEEE! I am so glad God made us friends how 'bout you???