
I cannot believe it hasn't even been 4 full weeks since my goosey had her hand incident and now she has re-injured herself again. I am not sure how much more this mama's heart can take!:)I at least need a little break in between....sheesh. I am learning what it means to pray without ceasing for this girl of mine. Here is how it all went down...
Sunday we were at my sister's house to have a friend take some family Christmas photos for us. They had just got there so we were talking in the living room and Kensi was running around playing. She went in my nephew Parker's room to play (which is right off the living room and is completely baby proofed) and suddenly we heard a scream. I ran in there and she had blood all over her forehead. UGH! I picked her up and hollered for Aaron. I was so nervous because she was really, really screaming. I was very panicky to say the least, so Aaron calmly took over with her. While Aaron was with her trying to clean it up and see what it looked like, I went back in the room to see what happened.

It appears that my little goose thought it would be fun to climb up the dresser and slipped and one of the drawers was opened just a bit and she hit right on the corner where the two boards came together. Which explained the reason her cut looked like it was so deep. It really was just a bizarre looking cut/bruise. It looked like her skin was just pushed completely inward. She recovered pretty well after a few minutes and Aaron was able to stop the bleeding. So we weren't sure wether it needed stitches or not. I finally ended up calling our doctor and he said he could take a look at it a little later on in the afternoon.
So we went ahead with our photo shoot. hahaha. Wouldn't you know something like that would happen just in time for Christmas pics! She has a nice big band-aid right across her head. Oh well. It will be a memory. :) And we got some pretty good pics with Kensi smiling and being happy....what a girl.
When we took her into the doctor, he ended up "glueing" her back together again. He was able to pull it together so nicely and now there is only a small line. I am so glad we ended up taking her in, otherwise it would have been a really wide scar right in the middle of her forehead.
What is a mom to do?! It seems like she really does think she is 5 yrs old stuck in a 18 month old body. She thinks she can do any and everything and appears to have very little fear of anything. This girl of mine is definitely keeping me on my knees. I am beginning to think the helmet and bubble wrap isn't such a far-fetched idea for her.
Thank God it wasn't any worse than a big egg and some glue to put things back together. And seriously, if you ever get the urge, just pray for her because who knows what she is going to have up her sleeve next or what her next stunt may be. :)
4 comments:
I was definitely worried for a little bit there. Good thing Aaron is so calm in those situations. :-)
Glad her forehead will still be beautiful! (And the band-aid is hardly noticeable in the photos.)
OH my! You need a blog just for Kensi's adventures!
I can't wait to see the photos that Brittany took.
Hugs.
Poor Kensi! You are such a brave mama. She's lucky to have you!
I am glad she is ok and sorry about the trama she causes your nerves, but I have to say I chuckle everything I read about her. Kensi's personality is bursting at the seams and she is all over the place! Such a cute girl and when I see a post on her I think what is she up to now! Love it!!! Get better Kensi
Post a Comment