Anyway, all is well here. We have had a crazy past few weeks. The month of February was rough on all of us as we each got the flu. It was horrible!!!! Ugh! So bad its making me re-think not getting the flu shot. Hmmmm. Every week in Feb, somebody different was sick. I HATE seeing the kids so sick. I just want to take it all away....they are just so pitiful. But, we all pulled thru like troopers (ha...like my little pun?!).
On the very last day of February, Aaron was in a very bad car accident close to our house on his way home from work. It was awful, but thank God Aaron or the other girl was not hurt. Both cars were totaled. ( a girl driving a SUV didn't stop before entering the main road and they crashed in the intersection). Anyway, that was a very terrible night that I don't want to remember, so I won't recall all the details. I am just so thankful for God's protection over Aaron.
I have struggled a bit with anxiety since then when he is working. I am doing better than I was. The first time he went back to work after the accident, I had panic attacks for a few days. It was like I was suddenly gripped with this fear and couldn't get past it. But I continue to give it over to the Lord and recall all the things the Lord has spoken over Aaron and how He led him straight to this job. CHOOSING to trust Him and let go. It has helped so much to focus on these things. Now I only call him about 10 times a shift instead of 20. I kid, people. I kid. Kindof. :)
So, I am glad to have February behind me and am cruising on thru March. I have so much catching up to do on here. I am going to try and do that this weekend. I am not sure what has changed, but suddenly I feel like I just have no time for anything. I keep busy with the kids activities and sports and just keeping things up around the house. But we have so many new and exciting things going on, so hopefully I can catch it all up.
Well, my friend Aaron just walked thru the door, so its off to bed for me. Night.
P.S. What do ya think of the new look?!? I found it on a new site. I feel kind of bad for cheating on The Cutest Blog On The Block, but I just couldn't pass it up!
7 comments:
I like the new look! Sometimes I use The Cutest Blog on the Block, but there are definitely other sites that have cool backgrounds, too. A little variety never hurt, right? :) I think your new one looks very spring-like!
It's great to read an update from you! So sorry to hear about the flu you all went through...that's no fun. But hopefully now that spring is here, it will be clear sailing health-wise for you all.
Woah. That's terrible about Aaron's accident, but I too thank God for His protection over Aaron.
Thanks for the update, and enjoy this beautiful sunshiny day! :)
Good to see you back...I keep checking in to see what's new. I do love the layout and pray that remainder of your year is not as stressful as the first part. Take care!
Love the new look too. :) I didn't know that Aaron had been in an accident!!! That would completely explain the new car in your driveway the other day then, no? :) I'm glad to hear he's doing ok!!
Jolanthe
Yea!!! Your back!! Where is the Kensi story? She is a trip! Sorry to here about the sickness and Aaron! That totally sucks, but I am glad to have you back bloggn!
I love the look! So glad to see an update here... i was still getting worried about you?! I'm looking forward to hearing all the "new exciting" things you have to share with us!
To God Be the Glory! He is Good! All the Time!
Sis!
Welcome back! I had nearly quit checking your blog - glad I visited! What a month you had. Thank God for spring eh? I can't wait to get back in touch with you all VERY SOON! I miss you.
Beth
I had fun "catching up" with you during the last few minutes. Sounds like you feel a lot like me right now...not sure what has changed, but time just flies right by me!!!
Post a Comment