Thursday, October 8, 2009

Memories of '09...Part I

I wanted to catch up on some special memories and pictures from this year that I don't want to forget. Since this is our famly scrapbook I thought I better do it before it gets even busier around here. So while I am having this burst of energy and am actually blogging, I thought I would get it done.

Our Family on Easter morning...




Grandma (Aaron's mom) always does a pretty awesome Easter egg hunt for the grand kids. The kids look forward to it every year. She is so creative and fills the eggs with special gifts for each one. Including a golden egg with $10 and a silver one with $5! The race is always on to see who can find the golden egg. I wish I could play. :) I am sure the kids will have sweet memories of this fun tradition for years.




At the end of April, Maddie had her very first dance recital. She L.O.V.E.D. it! She did such a great job and it was so fun to see our sweet girl up there dancing away!
Pretty wild outfit! But of course my girlie girl loved it!
Maddie and her buddy Kimberly before the show.
Maddie's cheering section!

Maddie is on the far right.


Maddie, Jaiden and Kya
What a beautiful ballerina!

She loved her dance class and enjoyed the recital so much. But it made me laugh when
we were on our way to the car after the recital she let me know that next year she was going to play soccer. :)

In July, Aaron and I took Kobe and Maddie to Kings Dominion. We all had a blast. Maddie wasn't really into the rides. At all. :) She rode the carousel and that was it for the main park. But we had fun doing other things in the park and spent a lot of time in the water park. Aaron and Kobe went off to ride roller coasters for a while...so it worked out perfectly.
Here is the ONLY other ride Maddie would ride. It was in the "Kiddie Zone." I love the look on Kobe's face....thrilling. :) He was a good sport and rode with her.

Over July 4th weekend, we all went to Lake Anna with some friends. It was such a fun, relaxing weekend on the water. We stayed in this cute little cabin...
Look how nice and clean the water is....Mmmmm! :)



We split our time playing on the beach and going out on the boat. Aaron was the only one of us that went tubing. I figured since I was preg it probably wansn't a good idea :) , poor Kobe couldn't because of his ear and Maddi just plain scared of the boat so there was no way she was tubing. :)

That evening they were setting fireworks off in the lake and we all decided it would be fun to go.

Our friends, Matt & Kristen and Maddie waiting for the big show.
Kobe has gone out for a couple summers on the boat and loves it! He was bummed out he couldn't tube and get in the water, but he got to drive the boat so I think that made up for it. :)

This was Maddie's very first time out on the boat. She was SO nervous before we got on and kept saying she didn't want to do it . She was almost in tears. When we got out there, she L.O.V.E.D. it! It was so funny. And I was laughing because it was a CRAZY ride due to the wake of all the other boats also headed out to see the fireworks. It was, uh, a very rough ride to say the least. :)
And this is how little Kensi-roo stayed the whole time. She was literally scared stiff. :( Poor girl. She layed on aaron like that the whole time and didn't move or make a sound. Hopefully next summer she will like it more.

We obviously didn't think the situation thru. Ha! We got out in the middle of this lake with probably close to a thousnad other boats. It was so scary! All these boats were headed to the same place at the same time. The wake was out. of. control. while the boat was racing across them. I was literally scared to death. I think we all were except for Aaron, Matt and Maddie. Maddie thought this was how a boat ride was and was just grinning ear to ear. ha! The fireworks were great, but I couldn't hardly enjoy them because I was so nervous about the ride back. I didn't even think about it because we are normally out in the day, but it was crazy going back because its so dark with no 'street lights' or boat head lights and its a free for all. I tell you what I was praying like crazy that we would just make it back in one piece!
This is the face of one already nautious mama who was a whole lot more sick after that ride. Doesn't Maddie look thrilled though?!
Matt did an amazing job of driving and got us back safe and sound. It was definitely a 4th of July we will not forget and definitely a memorable trip!
More to come...

2 comments:

Davene said...

Hey, I recognize Matt! He and I are distant cousins, in fact. Is he related to Aaron, too? I can't remember how Aaron and I are related, and if Matt would be in that same branch of the family tree. :)

I love reading about your adventures!

Michelle said...

I'm in LOVE with the Easter dresses. I've never seen red and if I ever have girls, I'm totally copying you. Miss you like crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!