So here's an update on what we've been up to...
As I mentioned in my last post, our little Presley Grace joined us here on the outside world in January. My pregnancy was a bit rough at the end but her birth was amazing. I will write her birth story soon. We took our time settling back into life. Aaron was able to take a month off with us. I can't say enough how wonderful and precious that time was for us. Our little family just stayed tucked away in our little bubble loving on this amazing little girl. Even as I type, I can't help but smile as I remember that time. Such a sweet time for us all. But, then we were forced to join the real world again, and let me tell ya things have gotten busy!
The transition for us has been so smooth. No major bumps. I guess it also helps that we were again blessed with an extremely calm baby. She is such a 'go with the flow' kinda girl. Just happy as a clam. I simply cannot get enough of this girl. I am overwhelmed and lost for words when I think about what I feel for her. She has such a sweet, gentle spirit. I am so thankful that God always knows best and knew our family needed this little lady. She has certainly been loved on every minute by the 5 of us since she arrived!
The kids all have so much going on in their lives too. Kobe just finished up basketball in March. He loved it! Aaron was able to help coach his team and they both enjoyed that time together so much. He is now in baseball. And holy moly is that ever a commitment. I guess I forgot how intense it can be. He has practice or a game 3 times a week. He has improved so much and again is just loving playing ball! He also has been involved with the Mini Society Club at school every Tues after school. Its an economics club where they create their own society. From the government, to the currency, to what business they want to start. Its been so good for him and he is learning so much about how the real world works. He had a 'market' last Tuesday where they all set up and the kids could come and buy from each business with their 'currency' they created. He and his business partner decided to have a kool-aid business. It was fun to see him having to think through all the aspects of what he needed to do, the different supplies he needed and make sure everything was prepared. Its so fun to see him growing and learning and trying all these new things. He is just growing up right before my eyes. And I'm not quite sure how its possible he is going to be in middle school next year. Ack! Ok enough talk like that ... on to Maddie.
Maddie has loved having a baby around. She is so much the 'second mother' around here. She is always helping me so much. Lately I have been catching her helping the little girls with different things, making sure everything is in its place. Its so sweet. She seems like she is defintily getting so much older. She is so cute with Presley. The first few weeks she would say to me, 'I just can't quit kissing her she's so cute.' It was funny to see her so overwhelmed with emotion for her. She is loving the second grade. She has been blessed again with an amazing teacher who is creative and who loves the Lord with all her heart. (and much to Maddie's delight has recently started coming to our church! ). Maddie has just finished up a term in the puppet club at her school and is now in the baton club. She is actually fantastic at twirling that thing. Who knew?! I can't do even half the stuff she does. I love watching her try all these new things. Her latest is she wants to play soccer which we are thrilled about! We think it will be the perfect thing for this, uh, girly girl of ours. :)
And the Kenser has been busier than all of us combined.;) That little lady is miss independant and always into something. She seriously might be the funniest kid we have had. Oh to get into that little mind of hers. I wondered how she would adjust to Presley. I thought we may have some jealousy issues. But amazingly enough, she was just the opposite....completely obsessed with her. Always wants to hold her and talk to her. She actually was a bit to possessive in the beginning and get mad if somebody else would want to hold her. :)And the biggest news of all on her is thanks to her dad she was potty trained in December! And that gets a big WOO HOO from this mama!
And I am doing so well now. My health has been a bit, um, dodgy all year. After I had Presley my blood pressure shot up and stayed up. I ended having to go on medicine and am still on it, however things seem to be evening out for me. I am also finally having my thyroidectomy surgery in July at UVA. So the end is in sight! What an ordeal that has been. But this I know, God is good all the time. He has walked with me thru every step this year. I have felt Him so close. And He has gently reminded me that He ALWAYS is there.
Truely life is great right now. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't think about how unbelievably blessed I am. My days are busy. my house is messy. I don't always know what were having for dinner. I have laundry coming outta my ears. I get frustrated. My kids fight. My kids make me laugh. Sometimes I feel like I'm hanging on by a thread. And I wouldn't change a thing. This crazy life of ours is one amazing journey.
So thats us in a nutshell right now! I really do plan to be more frequent on here. Just don't hold your breath... ;)
2 comments:
I LOVED reading this!
What you wrote about Kensington reminded me a lot of Tobin - he always makes us laugh, and he gets mad if David, for example, starts talking to Shav when he (Tobin) is. He wants all Shav's attention. :)
Thanks for having a new post so I could quit commenting on the old one. :)
I love when you blog! I love your honesty, I love your heart, I just love you! Good to see you on here again!
Post a Comment