Friday, April 18, 2008

Its Been A Week...

...since our roomie moved out. She is totally loving her new diggs. There have been some tears, mostly from me...a few from her:) My big girl is doing great. She is enjoying the freedom of having a little stretching room. I was super sad the first night and had a big, ole' lump in my throat most of the night trying not to cry. We were laying in bed and I said to Aaron, "you know she is asleep now, so I could carry her back in here and let her sleep in the cradle," ...to which that statement got a great big roll of the eyes from Roy. :) I asked if he was sad at all and he said no that she was like 10 steps from our room and it wasn't like she had moved out...to which I said, "Hmph!" It must be a mom thing....or maybe just a me thing since all you crazy cats kept telling me I was crazy...hahaha. Anyhoo, I miss her being right there beside me at night looking so sweet and angelic. Its the end of an era and for that my heart is sad. There is a great, big empty space at the end of our bed now....no more cradle. Oh boy, I am tearing up again. Lets talk about happier things. She does look so incredibly adorable in her very pink crib. And she does move all over the place now. She really does like it and has gotten quite good at sitting up and pushing the music buttons on her baby einstein aquarium. Here are some pics of the big girl in her new room....



So sweet! She looks so big! And she is finally enjoying that nursery that I just HAD to have everything done with before she was born. hahaha...10 months later she has finally moved in.


11 comments:

Davene said...

Aw, Kristy, that's so sweet!

I'm not one to have my baby in a cradle in my room until they are 10 months... :) HOWEVER, I can feel your pain and I totally sympathize with you! At this point, since I don't feel "done," I literally cannot imagine the sense of "We'll never do this again." Or, rather, when I do imagine it, it's so heart-breaking that I have to stop thinking about it!

You can cry if you need to. It's that good mama heart God gave you that just needs to let it out sometimes!

Geneva said...

Not that you'll be surprised to hear this from me...but you're not crazy! :) Henry is still in bed with us most nights. We have had a pack-n-play at the end of the bed for a week, but it's pretty much just for looks! When Mike mentions how nice it will be when he's gone, I remind him that this is such a short time, and then it will be gone...and then he totally agrees :)

Windsor said...

What a sweet post! We are unsure we will have another one and just the thought of this being it kills me. So...we will have to have another one. I can imagine your pain! Hang in there!

Lisa said...

Kristy you're so sweet!

Kensi's bed looks so cozy! I'm glad everything is working out alright.

"Just HAD to get that room done"...was that the drama of a pregnant woman? I TOTALLY understand how that is. :-)

Kristy said...

Lisa,

You know that was pregnancy drama! You know how it is, everything has to be ready and perfect regardless if they are not going to use it for the first 10 months or not!! Thats how I roll, sista! haha

Davene, Windsor & Gena,

Thanks girls for your sweet comments. You girls are great. I feel like I have to put this out there because maybe I have given the wrong impression. We are not for sure we are done having kids we may just may give lil' K a buddy, but I just feel so sad that HER life is passing so quickly and that we are already to this stage. Now I prob sound even crazier since we may do it again and I am still so sentimental about all this. hahaha

Cheryl said...

ahhh.... 'tis so sweet... she looks very happy in that crib of hers... lovin the new duds i bet! I mean it's such a cute nursery and all... i tell ya what... if i need a break, i'll bring the cradle and a baby back over for you for a night?! hows that sound?!

pyrotechny said...

Totally understand how the dh doesn't always get it. Here's mom crying her eyes out, and Daddy is giving himself a little party (at least at OUR house!) Enjoy every moment, don't let anyone push you...you'll never get the time back! What a doll! Is that her name above the crib? How adorable!

Christin said...

I have to admit, I cried and cried when I finally moved Charis out. After that...I was always REALLY glad to get them out! ;)

She DOES look so big. And adorable!!! you just want to *squeeze* her

Michelle said...

I love her room, Kristy! You always decorate your kid's rooms so cute.

Anonymous said...

I understand, Kristy! I had the hardest time sending Makayla to her "big girl room"...we did it almost SIX MONTHS ago! ;) Time flies! I cried and cried. Then on the second night...I slept on her floor. Now, I spend hours just watching her sleep on her video monitor. Their little lives are just so precious and bring so much joy. What a blessing! I'd love to let Kensi and Makayla play together sometime!

Dana

Anonymous said...

You are as precious as she is! If only they stayed little for just a little longer. God bless your sweet spirit.