Sunday, August 10, 2008

Kensi - Month 13


Month 13 has been full of new and exciting things. Kensi continues to suprise and delight us every day with something new. She is a total ham, a performer for sure. If she is doing something and we laugh, she will keep doing it and then try and 'fake laugh' along with us. Its so great! Ha!

Some things she has started doing this month....

~ WALKING!!!! Yay! Thats a biggie. This girl has a complete mind of her own. This is how it all went down. For the past few months we had been trying to get her to walk by standing her up, having Aaron stand a little ways away and try and get her to take a step or two. Every time we did this, she would just plop on the ground and cry and carry on. She was totally not into it. So I just figured she would do it when she was ready. Well, one friday night 2 weeks ago I was washing dishes and out of the corner of my eye I saw her trying to stand up off the ground. I watched her quietly for a minute and that little girl stood up and just started walking. Literally. She walked from our kitchen table out to the other side of our couch in the living room without falling!!!!!!!hahahaha.
It was SO funny! My sister was here and we just watched and laughed. It looked like a baby deer when it tries his legs out for the first time. She just took off and never looked back. There was no one or two steps. She just stood up and started walking. This was a first for us. Kobe and Maddie definitely took a couple of weeks to ease into it. She is miss independance for sure. Sad part : Daddy was at work and missed it :( Happy part : I got it all on video!!! I love the video of it. Its soooo cute. And rest assured, if you come to my house anytime soon I will probably make you watch it. hahahaha

~This month she has also added 'thank you (thank you she says with a slight chinese accent:) ), more, go, ball and Kobe' to her vocabulary. Kobe she affectionately calls ka-ka. hahaha. Its cute. :) She has also started giving hi-five's this month.

~The death stare. I am telling you what, this girl has a look that could make a grown man tremble. If she doesn't like somebody talking to her or if I take something away that she shouldn't have, she pulls out the death stare...she furrows her eyebrows and scowls. It is so, so funny. I always laugh and then she will crack up laughing and then she will do it again just to make us laugh. Its bad. Real bad. Hopefully we will get over the death stare soon. It probably won't be so cute in a few years. :)

~Drama & Temper tantrums. I believe she is going to give Maddie a run for her money in the drama department. If something happens that she doesn't like she has started throwing a full blown tantrum....throws herself down, face on the floor, screaming kind of tantrum. And she is only 13 months! :) Oh me, oh my. Hopefully this stage will pass quickly. Although, its kind of funny, again, I am sure in a few years it won't be quite so cute.


~The mullet. We are in full mullet mode. The good news : she finally has hair. The not so good news : she is definitely sporting a mullet. ha! Oh well, soon enough it will grow longer everywhere intstead of just in the back. I have started trying to put little barrets in her hair. She will leave it for a little while and will then tear it out. :)

~Another thing I am loving about her is when she talks, she uses such inflections in her voice. Like she is really trying to get a point across. Or make you see how she is feeling. I love it.

Its so funny because every stage she goes through I keep thinking, "No, this is definitely my favorite stage." And then the next stage comes and I think the same thing again. :) I remember thinking the same thing with Kobe and Maddie, too.

She continues to be the busiest little lady I know. She is in to everything! And life is good for her now that there is a whole new 'level' of things to pull down now that she can walk and reach up higher. She is just so precious. Such a happy little girl with a sweet spirit, full of life and energy. She is definitely one loved and cherished little girl.

8 comments:

Kim Carderelli said...

Well I'm just glad to see that this day got better!

Brittany said...

Her scowl totally cracks me up! What a funny girl!

Blackwell said...

She is so adorable!!

Beth said...

She is just precious. I love the little mullet! The picture of her on your title is just beautiful. I love her chubby little legs!

Kristen said...

She is so adorable, and at least she is getting her mullet stage earlier...Kaylee is just getting there...we laugh that Logan will come out with more hair than she has, and she's 17 months!

Davene said...

It's so great to capture these moments! And it also makes me look forward to going through these stages with Tobin. I'm like you, always thinking this is my favorite stage. :)

She is so cute!!!

Cheryl said...

have to agree... she is a ham! she defintely can make you laugh!! you just HAVE to love her, don't ya!?!

Anonymous said...

I love that she has a death stare!! How funny is she going to be when she starts talking!!!

What a beautiful little girl. And a great personality to match...