Sunday, August 17, 2008

Olympic Mania

It has been an Olympic marathon around here. All four of us are so into it. Its been fun seeing the kids love watching it so much. We have all been staying up to 11ish every night just to watch. Soooo, last night we all watch as Michael Phelps made history. Nothing short of amazing....the man is a machine. Could he be part fish? Gold Medal #7 had me on the edge of my seat (well they all do, but especially that one). It was so stressful. And even to watch the replays it was hard to see if he really touched first, but alas, somehow he pulled it out. I think he is secretly superman and being MP is his alias.

And how about Dara Torres? What a woman. I love her story. All those athletes are incredible and truely inspirational to watch. We were sitting around last night watching with some friends and just talking about how incredibly disciplined, dedicated and inspiring they are, as we all ate huge bowls of ice cream and candy. Clearly, we have a ways to go in the discipline department. :)

All that to say, I think we may go through some post Olympic blues when it ends. But for now, let week 2 begin!

4 comments:

Beth said...

Yep - when I get ditched for Michael I know that you are truly an olympic addict.
Have you been practicing your laps in the bathtub?
I want to see you there in 4 years.
I'll be right there with you. I'm actually thinking of gymnastics though. I could take China on all by myself.

Anonymous said...

We too have been enjoying the olympics. Although, we have not been as dedicated as your family we did get to see MP make history. What a proud moment for him and his family!

Kim Carderelli said...

When were the olympics on? hmmmm.

Cheryl said...

hey happy birthday old lady :)