
Maddie lost her first tooth last night. She was so, so excited. She actually pulled it herself for the most part and Aaron helped with the last little bit. She had already gone to bed and was reading books in her bed and I guess really wanted some extra money, because she kept working and pulling at that thing until it was just barely hanging on. :) She ran down stairs and Aaron finished the job! She was so excited that she said she was going to stop reading and go straight to sleep so we could get right to work putting some money under her pillow.
She had this huge grin on her face this morning as she carried her money around. I think she thinks this is a great way to get some extra money. I had to make sure she understood that she cannot just keep pulling at teeth that aren't loose yet to make money. :) She has carried that little tooth around in a plastic bag all day and showed it to everyone we have seen.
As exciting as it was for her and fun for us to watch her excitement, a little part of me feels sad. Losing baby teeth, which will soon be replaced with permanent teeth and little by little she will start to lose that little girl look. Part of me wants to keep her little forever. It is fun as she gets older and older, but there is definitely a part in me that just wants to hang onto these years forever and not let them go. I want her to stay my little, toothless girl forever. (Wow. All these crazy emotions I am having over her just losing 1 tooth. haha)
I think she looks just precious with that little gap! She is one cute, snaggletooth girl. :)
8 comments:
Oh my little Maddie! She is growing up! I hope she doesn't keep yanking at those teeth now! I have kids nearly every day in my classroom just working on wiggling those little teeth. It's always so pleasant when one comes popping out into their hand and they come up to me with a bloody mouth telling me they just lost a tooth. To the clinic they go!
How sweet!
I've been fighting the growing up process in my house without any avail. If you find a cure please let me in on it!!
Ohh i hear you, sweetheart. I can assure you this, it does pass (the pain)I felt it just now,again, when reading your post- but it doesn't hurt as much now as it did then...
you're such a good momma!
Did she really lose that tooth in a street fight? Cuz I think she's feisty enough to take on anyone (except maybe Kensi's death stare). Hahaha!!!
Seriously though, Maddie looks older without that tooth! What a big girl!
Ohh I know how you feel... It's so hard when they hit a milestone that actually shows you that they are growing up. Ohh but she is so cute without that little tooth!!! :)
By the way, I love how every time I visit your blog you keep coming back to the same wallpaper!
My favorite is wehn they loose the top ones though - I had to stop myself from laughing outright when Laurianna lost hers. She looked so strange!!
Kristy, You have the most beautiful children teeth or no teeth! Thanks for inviting me to your blog. I love keeping tabs on you and your fam. My blog is up and running. Please stop by for a visit virginiarodsdotblogspotdotcom
Post a Comment