Aaron had gone home a few times while I was in the hospital and had shown the kids pictures of the baby. In one of the pics we took her hair was all spikey and somehow that convinced all three of them that it was a boy. All three of them all along had said they wanted a boy. Every time I talked to them on the phone (which was alot! They loved calling. ;) ), they kept begging me to tell them what it was. But I held strong!!!
So on Wednesday we were discharged and came home around 11:00 while the kids were in school. Kensi and Mom were here to greet us. Kensi was so, so excited to see 'her baby'. It was absolutely precious watching her see Presley for the first time. She was absolutely in awe and giddy with excitement.
Side note : I totally didn't plan for their outfits to match! Completely random! The outfit Presley is in is the same outfit I brought Maddie home in.
After we were settled in, Aaron went and picked Kobe and Maddie up early from school. They were so excited that they got to come home early. We had told them we would either dress the baby in pink or blue and that is how they would know what it was.
When they got home, Presley and I were upstairs in my room . I laid her on the bed and pulled the covers over her (don't worry, I was right there holding them off her face so she could breathe). They came barreling up the stairs and in my room. Kobe had this huge grin on his face...it was priceless. I told them to pull the covers back. We were watching Kobe to see his reaction, and bless his heart, he was totally shocked. He was convinced it was a boy. When he saw the pink, he kept that smile on his face but his shoulders dropped. It was like he was trying to be happy and didn't want to show the disappointment. We told him not to worry, it was fine if he was disappointed and that he would like her in a few days! Of course it only took minutes for him to be totally smitten with her. He even said later that week when someone asked him if he wanted a brother that he wanted to keep Presley, but wanted me to have another brother for him. This little girl has a way of working herself right into your heart and taking up residence!
And of course it took Maddie ZERO seconds to be ecstatic over another little, baby sister! Her motherly instincts kicked in and she was completely in love with this little ladybug. Those first few weeks she would be holding her and would just keep kissing her all over her face and she would just say, "I can't help it. She's just so cute." It was so cute to see her so overwhelmed with love.
Those first few days and weeks are a time I will always treasure. Aaron was off with us for a month and we had no agenda at all but to just be together and get to know our little girl. I'm pretty sure she wasn't set down for longer than 2 minutes at a time before one of us would snatch her up and just snuggle her. She has been loved on every minute of her little life by the five of us.
~ Other things to remember ~
* At her 2 week appointment she weighed 9lbs! She had no problem at all eating. I fed her immediately when she was born and from that moment on she has been such a great eater!
* She got up about 2-3 times a night to eat until she was 8 weeks old. After that her times of sleep kept stretching out. When she did wake up to eat, I just put her in bed with us and fed her (ssshhhhh...don't tell the doctor!). I know they say not to do that, but for us it just works. It doesn't 'fully' wake her up and she would just eat and be back asleep and I would put her back in the cradle (which is right beside me). I actually enjoyed those times of snuggling with her when everything was quiet.
*Her first smile was also around 8 weeks. I love all the firsts. Aaron and I got so excited when she would smile and then try and do whatever it was we did that got her to smile again. Oh, those first smiles are just enough to melt me!
*Somehow I've lost her weight and length for her 2 month checkup....ack! Thats what I get for documenting 4 months late!

It was amazing to me how HUGE Kensi suddenly looked. She looks like such a big girl here laying beside Pres. I remember thinking and feeling the exact same way about Maddie when we brought Kensi home. ( 3 days old.)
Oh she has her big brother smitten with her for sure! He is such a great big brother. Love this picture of them. Its fun to see the different relationships they each have with her.
First bath at home! It was a family affair. Aaron did the honors of taking the lead, while I assisted because I can't do the umbilical cord. Well, I guess I can, but it seriously makes me queasy....yuck! I know, thats so lame, but its true. Dad of the year award goes to Aaron Johnson!
First time meeting her cousin Pierson who was born just 3 weeks before her! 3 days old here. What a difference 3 weeks makes. Pierson looks so alert already and looks like he is ready to give somebody a pound with his fist...ha!
And I just wanted to include this pic because I love, LOVE this outfit! So adorable! Definitely one of my top 3 faves of her outfits. I would wear it if I could find it in my size although I'm sure it wounldn't look nearly as cute. (around 3 weeks or so)
My foursome! What a crew. Kobe is certainly going to have his hands full as the big brother to these 3 ladies. 
I think this pic is around 2 weeks old. I took pics every week, but forgot to tag what week it was at first...ack! (that cute little outfit is from Aaron's Sargeant. Who knew a Sargeant for the state of Va could have such good taste?! ha!).
Some more Maddie loving...

This could be one of my favorite pics. Makes me laugh everytime! Apparently she wasn't having as much fun with our photo shoot as I was. Her little head looks so tiny next to Aaron's.
This was such a cute night. She 'found' her hand for the first time and just kept trying to focus on it. I wonder what goes on in their little minds as they start to figure out and find all these parts and sights. Check out the cross eyes! She did this so much for probably the first 2 months. To the point I was really worried about her eyes. But, just like everyone said, she totally out grew it.

So little! She is like the lengeth of that blanket now. Man they grow so fast. I think this was taken around a month old or so.

We have had so much fun the past few months. Too bad I stink at documenting it! This little girl has brought so much joy to our home. What a beautiful way to complete our family. Feels awesome knowing we are now complete!
*At her 4 month appointment she weighed 14 lbs 12oz! My baby is chunkin up! I went back and looked in Kensi's baby book and she weighed 14lbs 8 oz at her 2 month check up! So Presley is lagging behind her big sis a bit. Not to worry, she has lots of beautiful baby chub to go around!
Some pics from the first few months....
Sleeping with Daddy. 3 days old.
It was amazing to me how HUGE Kensi suddenly looked. She looks like such a big girl here laying beside Pres. I remember thinking and feeling the exact same way about Maddie when we brought Kensi home. ( 3 days old.)
I think this pic is around 2 weeks old. I took pics every week, but forgot to tag what week it was at first...ack! (that cute little outfit is from Aaron's Sargeant. Who knew a Sargeant for the state of Va could have such good taste?! ha!).
This could be one of my favorite pics. Makes me laugh everytime! Apparently she wasn't having as much fun with our photo shoot as I was. Her little head looks so tiny next to Aaron's.
So little! She is like the lengeth of that blanket now. Man they grow so fast. I think this was taken around a month old or so.
We have had so much fun the past few months. Too bad I stink at documenting it! This little girl has brought so much joy to our home. What a beautiful way to complete our family. Feels awesome knowing we are now complete!
No comments:
Post a Comment