For my own memory I just want to jot down some mile stones she's had...
Around 8 weeks old she gave us her first 'real' smile. It was so exciting. Its so funny what we do just to get the reward of being smiled back at. I always think how much work tiny babies are and how intensely your love for them is and to finally have some sort of response back is just so fulfilling and satisfying. Also at 8 weeks she finally started sleeping thru the night! (She had gotten up about 2 times a night the first two months, so this was a milestone this mama was ready for!).
2 months ~ I can't find what her weight / length were first this month..ack! Thats what I get for not keeping up. I want to say it was around 11 lbs or so. Which is definitely a bit tiny for being one of our kiddos!
4 months ~ At this check up she weighed in at a whopping 14lbs 11oz and her height was 25". She did a lot of growing those first few months!
I had to add this one because its one of my faves. This girl (just like her daddy did) LOVES her ears! She constantly plays with them when she is tired or nursing. So sweet. I took this pic of her one night just hanging on to both of them.
6 months ~ She packed on 3 more pounds by 6 months and weighed in at 17 lbs and was 26.5 " long. She has pretty much styed in 90th percentile for her height and around 50th for her weight. We also tried around this time to start feeding her some baby cereal to get her ready for when I went into surgery. She HATED it and kept spitting it out at us...ha! This little lady had some strong opinions and didn't mind letting us know! Every time over the next few months she saw a spoon coming toward her mouth she would smack it away and shut her lips tight. We tried everything...veggies, fruits...she didn't like anything! Ack!
This month was also the arrival of two sweet, little teeth. This is the earliest any of our kids have gotten a tooth! Now, to put those teeth to good use. :)
9 months ~ She only gianed 1 lb since her last check up weighing just 18lbs 8oz and was 28.5" long. I was so surprised by how little she still was. This is unheard of for my kids. They were all well over the 20 lb mark by this age. I guess she is truely the 'runt' of my litter. ;) I also think that her boycott of food has contributed to her 'smallness'. We have finally figured out with the food thing that she just isn't into baby food at all. We tried every kind. She never budged. She has been solely breastfed for 9 months. So at her check up, the doctor said I should give her an iron supplement because usually at this size the breast milk wasn't sufficient enough iron intake. So I decided I was going to buckle down with her instead with the food situation and she has been doing really well as long as I give her things she can pick up with her fingers and feed herself. hahaha. She was holding out for the good stuff. So we just feed her whatever we eat and she is eating better and better all the time. I can't say that I blame her, baby food is not the most tasty of foods.
She is also working on crawling. At around 8 months she finally made some sort of attempt to get in the crawling position. So for the past month she has been perfecting that and does a mean rocking motion. But so far no movement. Any day now though I'm sure she's going to take off. Last night she was going backwards a little bit, but just hasn't quite figured out how to go forwards.
She absolutely loves her brother and sisters. Its fun to see the relationship each of them has with her. She loves playing with them and just lights up when they come in a room. Especially Kensi. She will try and wiggle out of my arms to get a glimpse of her and then just grin and coo from ear to ear. Precious.
So far she is only saying 'da da'. And boy is she ever a daddy's girl! To say those two are in love with each other is an understatement. She's holding out on me and making me work hard to get a 'ma ma' out of her. She also just this week has been raising her hand for bye bye. Aaron and I have been trying to get her to do it for a while and finally she ever so slowly raises her hand with palm open to wave bye bye. Its more of a salute really. ha. It is the funniest thing.
And the tooth count is up to 6 now! Woohoo! Bring on the steak!

No comments:
Post a Comment