Wednesday, November 24, 2010

A Whole Lotta This and That

Three cheers for me and my new commitment to keeping up with this blog!  Woohoo! This is my fifth post within a two week time period. This has to be an all time record. :)  Anyhoo. My mind is filled with all kinds of random thoughts so here goes....

1.  I cannot believe that the calendar is being truthful with me when it says today is November 24th. Where in the world did this year go?  Didn't I JUST have a baby?  I think this seriously has been the fastest year of my life.   I cannot believe we are right here at the Holidays again.  Makes me want to be so much more intentional about being in the moment and enjoying each moment with the kids because life is speeding on by.

2. Tonight we are putting up our Christmas decorations! I can't wait! The kids have been asking for a few days now, and tonight is the first 'free' night we have to do it. I love, LOVE this time of year.  So much excitement in the air. And I love it even more experiencing with my kids and thru their eyes. 

3. Miss Goosey has been so busy this week and its only Wednesday.  Sometimes all I can do is shake my head and laugh.  Monday she decided nap time is overrated and decided to pass on it. I kept putting her in her room and every 10 minutes her little face would appear between the railing of the stairs begging to get up. I told her no, laid her back down, she would come back down. This cycle repeated all afternoon. Anyway, she never ended up going to sleep and once the other kids woke up I let her get up. So that night as I am tucking her in bed and going to turn out the light,  this beauty caught my eye.
Thats right, red crayon all over her walls. What a masterpiece! Our budding artist carried her artwork throughout the house for all of us to enjoy. Down the stairway...
And a little diddy on the bannister, too!

She is something else.   I guess she got bored when she was protesting nap and let the creative juices flow. 
She is far and away the most mischievious child we have.  Into something ALL the time!   I still haven't cleaned it off. I figure if she worked so hard creating it we should at least enjoy it a few days.  All I have to say is thank goodness for the Magic Eraser!

Tuesday night I was walking by our downstairs bathroom and out of the corner of my eye I saw Kensi leaning over the toilet with her hands down in it. Nice. I asked what in the world she was doing and she turns around and is rubbing her soapy hands together and says " I can't weach the water to winse the soap off my hands." Classic.  She was just rinsing off in the toilet. Nothing wrong with that.  One of the hardest things about parenting Kensi right now is trying to not laugh while I should be correcting her....ack! She is so funny and she has (in her mind) such a good reason for all these crazy things she does.

Speaking of funny, this ones a doozy.  Whenever Kensi needs to go #2 in the potty she always takes all of her clothes off. (I know this is a little TMI, but I'm sure the Goose will think this is funny when she's older).  I literally laughed until I cried the first time I went in and found her like this. Anyway, its just something she always does.  So the other night, we were at El Charro and Maddie and her needed to use the bathroom. So they ran ahead of me to the bathroom. When I got in there they were both already in each stall, so I went in the one Kensi was in to help her.  And to my surprise, there sat my girl naked as a jay bird....shoes, socks everything. Not one stitch of clothing was on her.  hahahahhaha . She is so crazy. Oh my goodness, I laughed so hard.  This girl just feels comfortable wherever she is. When she's got to take care of business, she just gets down to it. It doesn't matter where we are or whose there.

One more Kensi thing  and then I'll move on. Every night for the past few nights when I go in her room to kiss her one last time before I go to bed, I find her with no clothes on except her panties. I have to re-dress her in her sleep every. single. night.  It is so, so funny to us for some reason.  We ask her every morning why she does it and she says, " I just weally like sleeping with no clothes." Ha! What a girl! 

4.  I have recently done a re-vamp and reorganization of my life and schedule and I'm loving it! I feel like I am getting done the stuff that has to get done and not constantly feeling like I'm playing catching up.  I love feeling organized  and having a plan.  I have found this year that I have felt overwhelmed with keeping up with all the kids and the house and just life in general.  I wish most days there were 26 hours in a day.So I'm thrilled with how smoothly things have gone the past few weeks with everything having a specific time to get done. 

5.  Aaron's mom bought this little number for Miss Presley this week and I absolutely LOVE it. Its one of my all time favorite pieces.  I think she looks like a beautiful  little flower.  Its the little things in life that excite me.


6.  The other night during devotions, Aaron was worshipping with the kids.  Little Miss Pres got so into it! We were all struggling to not laugh the whole time.  She just sat on Aaron's guitar case and  was just  "squeal-singing"  as loud as she could and just squeezing her little fists together while singing. It was hilarious. 

It was so funny and the kids were laughing so hard , which just delighted her. It was so cute.  Even thru the humor of it all, Aaron prayed that she would always have such a spirit of worship thru her whole life. And to that I say a great big AMEN!

Tommorrow is Thanksgiving.  Still not sure how it snuck up on us so fast.  Looking forward to watching parades, peeling potatoes and just enjoying family all day!  No early morning black friday shopping for us this year. :( Aaron has to work 6-2p and I am not crazy enough to go alone with 4 kids! Maybe we will go in the afternoon just for fun!  Kobe and I love our Black Friday shopping so we may just sneak some in.

We have so much to be thankful for.  We are so, so blessed. Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

First of all...

HIP HIP HOOORAY!!!

HIP HIP HOORAY!!!

HIP HIP HOORAY!!!

So proud of you and your blogging.

This is one of your funniest yet. You have me in stitches over that crazy little Kenser. I don't want her hanging around with my boys and giving them any of her crazy ideas! :)

You are blessed !

Those pictures of all 4 kids worshipping together made me cry.

I love you guys and I am thankful for you!