Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Our Easter Weekend


What a week it has been! We have been on fast forward this past week and weekend, so it is nice to be slowing down a little bit. Kobe and I were involved in our church's Easter play so we have all (minus Aaron because he was working) been at the church every night this past week and 4 nights the week before. I was part of the backstage crew and my little man Kobe was the "hosanna child" that runs around announcing the arrival of Jesus. He was so, so great! The Spanish ladies loved him and the way he said "Jesus is coming" in Spanish, but with his American accent.:) I was so proud of him as he is normally pretty shy, but he just belted it out and had lots of enthusiasm. Who knows, maybe we have a little actor on our hands. I love being a part of this production. Its a special time to get to know people in church and really is such a bonding time. This year was no exception. Our Spanish congregation partnered with the English congregation and the play was all in Spanish to reach out to our Hispanic community here. It was so great getting to know them better! They are so fun and so in love with Jesus. It makes me want to be around them all the time. You know when you can just see "Jesus" pouring out of someone and you just want to be around them? Well that is exactly how I felt! Anyway, everything came together and it was a huge success as MANY people came to know Jesus for the first time!!! A great big "YAY" for that! It truely was so exciting to see so many people come to know the Lord and to feel the presence of Jesus their in such a tangible way. A great way to spend the week leading up to Easter.

We had a great Easter weekend with the kids. Saturday we took them on an easter egg hunt at the community rec center. We met up with some of their buddies and they were off hunting eggs.
Maddie was in a separate division than the rest so I took off with her. She was so excited!

It was really, really cold. Here is a pic of a less than enthusiastic Kensi watching.

On the way home we were talking and I said something about tomorrow being Easter. And Maddie looked at me with a confused look and said, "today's not Easter?" I said no and she said, " well was that just the practice?" Meaning, why did we do an Easter egg hunt if its not Easter. It was really funny and cute, but it also got another talk about why we celebrater Easter. We want them to enjoy these things and have fun, but we never ever want them to think this is what Easter is about. So we find ourselves trying to find a balance. Because I am all about the fun, BUT I want them to fully get that Easter is solely about Jesus and what He did for us.

So on to Sunday Morning. We all had a pretty hard time getting up because me and the kids were at the church until very late because we had a big cast dinner after the show and Aaron didn't get home until 1:45am because he had a "case" with his job that kept him tied up until then.:) So we were a draggin'. But we all got up and ready. Miss Maddie was so excited to wear her dress. She did look pretty cute I must say. She kept twirling in her dress and asking if she looked like a princess. I had to draw the line when she (again) tried to wear her "crown" to church. :) hahaha...she is such a girl... i love it! I had nursery and was sad to miss the service, but I guess I had a bit of church all week long! :)

After church we went to Aaron's parent's house for lunch and an easter egg hunt! Here are some pics....


All the grandkids on the Johnson side, minus the Kenster.






And they were off! Aaron's mom had hidden them really good, so it took them a while and she had a "golden egg" filled with all kinds of stuff so they were all excited to see who found that.


Checking out the goods! :)


Had to put in a picture of Kensa! She was in melt down mode most of the day so we got no Easter smiles in any of the pics! :)

Then we were off to my mom's house for some more good food. I love when we can just hang out and not feel rushed. It was a great afternoon filled with food, family and fun! Here is a slideshow of our afternoon there (there are lots of different pics of the same pose, but my sister wanted to see them all so I put them all in:) )....



Do you think this could win for world's longest post??? ;p
So there is our Easter weekend! It really was wonderful! I hope you all had a great time with all of your families!

1 comment:

pyrotechny said...

Your children are so very adorable! I just love looking at the photos of them!