Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Its Baseball Time.....

Kobe has just started his first year of baseball recently. He looks so incredibly adorable in his little uniform. He had been so excited about signing up for months now. So after his first game we were hugging him and telling him how great he was. I asked him how he liked it and he said, " I think its boring. I don't want to play anymore." What? All these months of excitement and just like that he's over it? He said it goes to slow (which, I must agree he has a good point. :) ). I thought it was cute that he decided his whole baseball career on his first game. We talked about how he had already made a commitment to the team and when you make a commitment you have to follow through even if its boring. So the little man has stuck it out and is really starting to enjoy it! I wasn't prepared for how serious some of these "baseball parents" are. Oh my goodness, you would think you were watching the major leagues with how intense they get. Yikes! I love watching Kobe play...it is truely hilarious! If he is in the outfield longer than 5 minutes he suddenly becomes way more interested in how far he can kick the dirt or playing with a rock and when he is in the duggout and its not his turn to bat, him and his little buddy will climb the fence and jump off....he is so funny! He is quite a slugger though. Who knows if he will want to play again next year, but its been pretty fun so far this year watching!



Come on, isn't that the cutest little outfit. I love his little baseball pants. I do NOT love washing those little pants 3 times a week. :)

The team....the mighty BEES! buzz buzz, baby! Note: see how half the team is looking away or playing with something else...this is what they do when they are in the outfield too! It is so cute and funny! Don't think those serious baseball parents like it, though. :)

Kobe's personal Cheerleader. (check out those shiny lil teeth!)



Oh no, your eyes are not decieving you....that is super Dad out there helping to coach. Go Roy! He looks so official with that clipboard, doesn't he?

So a great big yay for Kobe! Way to stick it out this season and who knows, maybe by the end of the season he will really love it!

7 comments:

Davene said...

This looks like so much fun! We've thought about doing this with Josiah, but I'm still not sure whether I'm ready for the commitment. He might be, but I'm not! :)

Of course, next spring will be a little easier with no new baby rocking my world, so maybe baseball would fit in then?

I think it's great that you encouraged Kobe to stick to his commitment.

Beth said...

What great pictures Mama! I love seeing everyone. Is Maddie still wanting to get out there? I can just see her with her little pony tail pulled through her cap. Precious! Kobe looks just perfect. I am proud of him!

Anonymous said...

So cute!!

Rick played ball for many years and when Shay started playing he decided to coach because of those parents. They quit right before we moved mainly because it was getting too competative as she got older. Too bad they can't just have fun anymore.

Can't wait to hear if he loves or hates it by the end of the season. You never know?

Anonymous said...

By the way, Thank you for the lovely comments on my blog. I love having a little community of support.

Tonka said...

Pictures are truly amazing, Kristy. My favorite one is of Aaron holding the clipboard,his posture and the way he is holding that clipboard truly shows his occupation and reminds me of the fact that I don't want to meet him on the road =)). Kensi has grown so much, she is absolutely precious, as all your kids are.

Cheryl said...

I LOVE it! amazing how some men can take a group of young boys, get them to all dress alike, and actually SOMETIMES work together as a team! Amazing to see... you'll have to give Matt and I his schedule- because i KNOW Matt would love to come and watch!

Windsor said...

He looks so cute!!! I remember Walker watching the birds fly by instead of the ball. It is hilarious to watch the younger kids play sports. Way to hang in there Kobe!!!