Anyway, it was so fun to spend time with family and just have fun. The kids were so excited to go. We asked them what they were looking forward to most and what they wanted to do there and Kobe said a whole bunch of fun stuff and Maddie said the thing she was most excited about was to stay in a hotel and play in the pool. It was so cute, because I totally remember loving to just stay in hotels when I was a kid. Forget the actual vacation, whats better than a hotel where we all sleep in the same room and the only time you can fall asleep and watch tv with big cable? Now there is a good time!
Let me just say here, that we both forgot how much STUFF it takes to go away with a baby...its been a while since we have had a tiny one! Oh my word, I was getting on my own nerves with all the stuff we packed, but little Kensi-roo is at that stage where she is into everything, so we must be prepared at all times. :) She was so great on the trip and just kicked back and enjoyed the beach....she is something else! ( I was worried how she would do because the day before we left we had an "accident". I am getting sick just thinking about it again...ughh.... I was carrying her in a baby pack thing that straps to you and she was hanging off the front of me and I was cleaning up the kitchen at our church after VBS and I turned around from wiping a counter and her foot got pressed up against the oven (its a big industrial oven) and got burned. I mean burned really bad. I took her to the doctor and he said it was at least a second degree burn. Anyway, we had to start her on an antibiotic, get a special creme to put on it, wrap it in guaze and then an ace bandage around it just to keep her out of it. I felt HORRIBLE, to say the least. But she didn't keep a bum foot from slowing her down. She got right back to her old tricks by the next day. :) )
We headed down Friday morning. Everyone except for me, Aaron's parents and the little girls went to Busch Gardens for the day. The rest of us headed to the beach. No pics from BG since I didn't go, but I hear they had a great time. And Kobe is very proud that he rode the Big, Bad Wolf roller coaster. Way to go, Kobe!
We all went out to dinner together on Friday night to a seafood restaurant. I am not so much on sea creatures, but my dear hubby dug right in and chowed down. After that we walked the boardwalk. I love the ocean at night. Its so peaceful and i just feel content. We were laughing on the way back just remembering all the times me and Aaron had been there with just the two of us and now being their with all our kids. My, how times change! We loved it, though. The kids were just so fun. We went shopping at one of the stores along the boardwalk so they could get some souvenirs. Kobe wanted to buy a shark tooth necklace. And Maddie insisted on buying a little purple purse that had "princess" written across the front. What?! What kind of beach souvenir is that? I showed her all these cool beach things she could get, but she didn't want anything except that purse. What a princess!
After that we went back and put the kids to bed and Aaron and I got to hang out on the balcony for a while and just watch and listen to the ocean! It was so much fun to just be away from 'every day life' and hang out and talk and just be together.
And Saturday we pretty much played at the ocean and pool all day!
Here are some pics from the weekend...

I love, love, love this pic! Isn't it great? I mean, I am no photographer, but I was pretty impressed with my skills here.:)

This kid LOVES the ocean

And this is where Miss Kens had to ride most of the time at the beach to keep that little foot dry. :( But she enjoyed watching the waves. Maybe next time she can get in...

Maddie and her little cousin Alexis

Maddie and Lexi got buried in the sand by Aunt Audry

Check out that sandy body...ugh!

And of course Aaron had his turn. Kensi was a bit confused as to where the rest of daddy was.

This girl is unbelievable. She insisted an bringing her markers and drawing pad down to the water with us. She has the whole ocean and all that sand to play in and she plays for just a little bit and then sat and drew. A true artist, I suppose. Maybe she was getting some inspiration from the views. :)

Bryce and Kobe riding a wave in! Just look how clear and clean that water looks....yum.....makes you want to jump right in!

My beach bum...what a cutie, drool and all! :)

My love bug and me! Isn't he just precious?! :)

And here is Kensi's other perch. Poor girl. First trip to the beach and she can't even play in it. What a trooper though, for just hanging out and enjoying the views.

Oh yes we did! We rented one of those big, ole' family bikes and cruised the boardwalk. This could be one of the most fun things we did there. I am not kidding. We all really had a fun time. Aaron was in his element...cruising around in this stylish Flintstone-like mobile, waving and talking to everyone that passed. It was good times! Not to mention on the ride back, the chain on the left side where Ashley and I were pedaling came off. No worries though, Aaron and Stephanie pulled thru and got us back...way to take one for the team, guys! Now there is a good work out! Seriously, you got to try this!


See, I told you she got right back to her old tricks. She had the entire hotel suite scoped out and torn apart in about 8.5 seconds. :)


What a fun bunch...The whole crew!(minus me because I'm the photographer capturing all these kodak moments)

Aaron and his brother. I love this picture of them. I think its so funny that they have the exact same stance...hahaha.

Maddie made some progress and moved her artwork from the drawing pad to the sand....

My babies! I just want to squeeze them they are so adorable.

So sweet! I love it!

Such a fun trip! And the best part is we are home for 10 days and then back to the beach for a bit longer this time! Have I mentioned lately how much I love summer? :)
6 comments:
Personally, I am NOT a beach person, all that sun and sand....but looks like you all had a GREAT time! I especially love the pix of Kensi trying to find the rest of her Daddy in the sand and her in the cabinet. Yes, I think she and my baby boy could do quite a bit of damage to a house! Glad to hear you had some great bonding time with the family!!
PS - That was like the longest post I'd ever seen!!! Hahahaha!!!
I especially like the last picture (because it reminds me of my brother David and I) and the picture of Kensi and Aaron's head. :)
I'm with you: I love, love, love the beach! I'm glad you got to go...and get to go again!
ahhh, that makes me want to go to the beach sooo badly!!! poor Kensi! but it looks like she was still having fun!
What a great post. I felt like I was there, soaking up the rays. I am in love with the picture of Kensi kissing her buried dad. ADORABLE! Thanks for the virtual vacation :) Happy 4th!
you sure do have cute kiddos. and you and aaron aint so bad either! :) love u guys... from detroit!
Post a Comment