It was so funny, because I was reminded again just of the adventurous spirit that lives inside men. I was content and happy to just hike the trail (which was a doozy coming back up), but my lovebug thought it would be more fun to climb the rocks in the waterfall. Everything in me wanted to tell him to just stay on the trail, and well, actually I did. And he said, ' but this is more adventurous.' I wanted to go into the speech about how we have 3 kids and if he slipped and fell on a rock and died and left me alone I would be mad, then devasted and just lay down and die right beside him and then what about the kids....yadayadayada, oh the drama of it all...
you get the idea. But instead, I remembered the Wild at Heart book, that men are different than women and that these are the sorts of things that make them tick and feel alive, so I bit my tongue. Yay, 1 point for me! And I actually climbed some of it with him. (I think that means i deserve 1 more point)
It was so beautiful. Crazy beautiful. Reminded me just how big and awesome and detailed God is. It was a wonderful day. One I want to remember. I really like this man of mine. A lot.
5 comments:
It sounds like so much fun. It is so good to have mini get aways just for the two of you.
I think you deserve at least five points for holding your tongue!
you sound like me- "let's just walk and it will be sooo nice!" and Aaron sounds like Lance! I can't tell you how many times I've been dragged into hikes that I thought I was going to die on the trail cause it was so tough. AND, let's not forget to mention, "Wild at Heart." Yes, the book that brought us out to Colorado. I'm glad it did though:)
Oh go 'head and give yourself 100 points! I think you got it!
BTW, still having that trouble, works as long as it is highlighted, but disappears if I even breathe! Wonderin' and wonderin'
That is such a GREAT idea!!! We are always running out of ideas for "dates"... (You know, Harrisonburg doesn't have the most to offer) :) I think you deserve a few more points than 1. haa haa... FUN!!!
Sounds like a fun time and makes me want to go out and do it! I love when I feel 16 and the world is at my fingertips. No worries, no problems...just me and the unknown!
Post a Comment