Monday, June 20, 2011

Waiting...

Dear friends,
  
My baby girl was taken back to surgery this morning around 7:30.  She was upbeat, happy and pretty excited about having a lunch (in a few days) from McDonalds per the surgeons suggestion. ;)  Maddie was completely calm and peaceful.  Just another day in her life.  Thanks for praying.  God's grace and peace was so evident on my girl as she has faced this mountain with incredible bravery and courage. 

The nurse called us here in the waiting room around 8:40am to say that they had just started the surgery around 8:30.  She said, "Your daughter is incredibly brave and absolutely stellar and we had a good time with her and getting to know her personality."  Sounds like she made friends with all the doctors and nurses. Good thinking!

And so now we wait.  I'm full of emotion. Can't seem to go a full moment without tears filling my eyes, but I know God is good and His plan for her life is excellent. And we will be able to testify to that as the rest of this week plays out.

We won't hear anything again until the surgeon comes to talk to us afterwards.  We think it will be between 12-1pm.  We will keep you posted.   Thanks for being a part of our prayer team.  Their are literally hundreds of us all praying and interceeding for Maddie.  I hope you each know how thankful we are to you for your prayers.  Keep them coming!

                                                   Sweet Maddie all ready for surgery!



Kristy

2 comments:

beth said...

in our prayers

Kathy Coffey said...

Kristy,
I enjoyed reading about Maddie's successful surgery. That is great news! I don't know her but she just looks like a very sweet girl. I love your blog too! You're such a blessing!