What a wild ride this day has been. We have been with Maddie in ICU since about 12:30pm. She continues to do amazingly well. This afternoon was spent with the nurses trying to find the balance between 'good pain control' and keeping her awake enough to keep her blood pressure and oxygen saturations up. There have been quite a few tears this afternoon because she is so thirsty. She can't have anything to drink until late tonight because they say that almost always if a patient drinks with all that anestesia and medications in them, they will get sick. Her throat is alos hurting really badly from the intabation and her little voice sounds like a squeak toy. It was just enought to about do me in. Talk about breaking my heart. She just cries and cries how thirsty she is and says 'its just not fair'. Somehow I never thought that would be her biggest complaint post-op! :) Thankfully Papa saved the day with a Sponge Bob balloon and stuffed animal! That got a big smile and she momentarily forgot her thirst.
The doctors and nurses here are absolutely awesome. Every single one of them. They are so great at what they do and so caring and sensative to what its like to have to go thru something like this. I can't say enough good things about them.
I'm so amazed how beautifully she is doing. As the day has gone on, she has become so alert and talking. Keeping her oxygen up on her own as well as maintaining a great blood pressure. Truely God's hand has been on this day in every detail. She is dealing with pain obviously. So please continue to pray for her. I am continually impressed with this girl of mine and how brave and strong she is.
And I am exhausted. I feel like I have run a marathon. More than anything I feel so unbelievably grateful to Jesus who has seen us through this whole journey and will continue to do so as we trust him for full recovery. His grace and peace are more than enough.
And now back to some more Veggie Tales and Chimpmunks with my lady.
2 comments:
So thankful that this is behind you...and will continue to pray you through as Jesus walks with all of you through the days ahead as she gains strength and recovers! One of those times in life where it is such a gift to have Jesus as your refuge, strength, and know Him as your Prince of Peace.
Sweet girl.
I remember waking up from my emergency c-section with Grayson and being so incredibly thirsty. I wasn't allowed to drink either, and it was torture!
Prayers will continue for her. What a day all of you have had!
I am proud of her! (and you!) :)
Post a Comment