Her spirits have definitely improved being home which is great. We are still fighting some of the same battles that we were fighting in the hospital. I have to keep reminding myself we aren't even a week out yet. Today she ate. I mean REALY ate at every meal! It was so encouraging. She is still getting really bad headaches if she sits up or walks. But at least it seems she is back on board with eating and drinking so that is encouraging. If she's laying down, she seems to be back to the old Maddie. I love it! Its only when she gets up and the headache comes that she seems in pain. The ironic thing is she can move around and walk and get up and down just like normal. Its amazing really. Everyone that has seen her has been shocked how well she is moving around. Praise the Lord for His Hand of healing on her body.
I am feeling overwhelmed. It takes a lot to care for her here and make sure she is doing what she should be doing. Maddie is strong willed in personality, so this is no different. I can tell she is feeling emotionally drained. I know this is taking a huge toll on her emotionally and I know there is a lot going on inside. I just want to sit and cry when night comes. Tonight she was so tired and hurting and she didn't want to swallow a pill and she just kept crying and screaming, "why are you doing this to me? Its so hard for both of us. I just want to snap my fingers and make it better. I just have to keep reminding myself what God has just brought us thru and focus on how He will continue the work He has started in her until it is complete.
Please continue to pray for her. Pray that these headaches would be completely gone and she would be able to sit up and that she have strength and energy emotionally and physically. Thanks for your continued prayer for her as her body continues to heal inside and out.
No comments:
Post a Comment